Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An Organized Kitchen

In this month's MS Living, Martha helped Living's editorial director organize their kitchen cabinets. It inspired me to reorganize my own cabinets and maximize the little space I have in my kitchen. I ran to the nearest Container Store the next day. Oh how I love organization! Thanks to Grace for my MS Living subscription!
[photos from marthastewart.com]
I bought a couple of these white cabinet shelves for my plates and bowls.
And this is the double shelf for the platters and punch bowl. The photo below is of the other side of the same cabinet. I'm definitely liking how the shelves are making use of the vertical space. My corner cabinets are kind of oddly shaped. I have to stick my whole torso in to reach anything in the back...after I've taken everything out in the front of the cabinet. The shelves make life a bit easier.I bought a few more shelves for my other cabinets, but you get the gist of it. No need to show anymore poorly-taken photos. I don't get much natural light in there. =) Oh, I also went to Bed, Bath & Beyond for some shelves, and took advantage of those awesome 20% off coupons. I love how they accept expired coupons!

2 comments:

  1. Looks super cool! So proud of you for reorganizing, I might do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome Cindy! I want do the same when I have my own kitchen, hehe! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete