Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Maternity Wear

With an ever-changing (growing!) body, it's been a challenge trying to find clothes that fit and will keep me cool in this summer heat. I've definitely gotten to the point where my bump looks like a baby bump and not like I ate a huge lunch. Glad to finally have reached that point!

While Old Navy was having an additional 30% off sale a few weeks ago, I went ahead and ordered a few maternity basics. I bought their regular, fold-over cotton skirt a few years ago, and loved how easy and comfortable it was. My only problem was that it started pilling. I went ahead and got their maternity version anyway since it was super cheap. I figured I wouldn't be wearing it that long anyway. I've worn and washed it a few times already, and it seems to be holding up well. Their Jersey-Stretch cotton tanks are awesome. I love the long length and the higher neckline. I don't have to worry about flashing my increasing chest. Eeks! I was pleasantly surprised by the fit of their Denim Leggings. They fit like a glove! I had tried on a few capris and jeans at the store, but was sorely disappointed by how big they were. But these jean leggings seriously fit well. Gotta love pants with stretch!

ON Maternity Fold-Over Skirts

ON Maternity Jersey-Stretch Tanks
ON Denim Leggings

I've also been shopping at Forever 21, H&M, and Target for cheap tops and dresses. I lucked out at the Old Orchard F21 and found that they had 2 racks of maternity clothes! I picked up a tank for under $5 and a strappy summer dress. I used to steer clear of billowy blouses since I thought they just added more volume. But I found a blouse at H&M last week (non-maternity!) that was super cute. The husband even approved! On my last Target trip, after I picked up the boring stuff (toilet paper, shampoo...), I cruised on over to the clothing section before checking out. I scored a non-maternity dress from the Juniors' section. It feels good to still be able to fit into normal clothes!

Target Xhilaration Juniors Dress
Here are a couple fun, maternity clothes that I found online. I'm all about prints!

Topshop Maternity Floral Maxi
Top from Lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment