Friday, May 15, 2009

A rainy Friday afternoon

It's been raining all day long. The husband left for a bachelor party on some tropical beach this morning. *jealous* So let's move on to something less dreary.

I made this bouquet of paper flowers for my parents' anniversary dinner and mother's day brunch. I must say that I was really pleased with the end result. The instructions weren't the greatest, but I figured it out eventually. It must've taken me 5-6 hours to create all the flowers altogether. I didn't even make all 24 flowers in the kit! My husband laughed at me and said he would've just spent the money to buy real flowers. Men...they just don't understand!



For my parents' big anniversary this year, my sister and I decided to make dinner for them. We've never cooked for them before, and my dad is a chef. So, needless to say, it was a bit stressful to come up with just the right menu. Unfortunately in all the craziness, I didn't take any close up pictures of the food. :( I was so happy everything turned out well, and my dad really enjoyed all the food. Especially, the asparagus in a balsamic butter sauce! He couldn't stop raving about it! The rest of the menu included the most delicious pork chops, ribeye steaks, corn on the cob, sesame pasta chicken salad, and sangria.



Hehe...I love how my sister was fixing my dad's collar.


No comments:

Post a Comment