Tuesday, May 1, 2012

can you feel the excitement?

It's hard to believe my little babies are already FIVE months old! They've mastered tummy time, but have yet to perfect rolling over. They've done it quite a few times on their own, but seem to have plateaued at that skill for a few weeks. Hmm...

But they have finally BOTH reached a milestone I have been waiting for...sleeping through the night!!! I could hardly contain myself on my Facebook updates yesterday.  Haha.  Maddie has been sleeping through the night for a couple weeks now...sleeping 5-7 hours at a time. But Sophie still woke up 2-3x a night for feedings. Sigh...  But she had a breakthrough moment this weekend when we were visiting family in Denver.  Sophie slept through the night the entire weekend!  Hallelujah!  Praise the Lord! I thought perhaps it was just because she was super tired from being out and about through the day, but she's slept 7-9 hours the last 2 nights at home!  I think this is the real deal, people!  Sound the horns!  My babies are sleeping through the night!!!

I don't know if they were worn out from our trip or what.  They were sleeping all day yesterday until about 1pm.  They would only wake up to eat or poop, and back to sleep they would go.  I finally busted out my DSLR and 50mm fixed lens.  It's just been so much easier to shoot w/ my point and shoot Canon s95 than to have to fiddle around w/ the DSLR.  I definitely need to practice though.  Shooting inanimate objects is hard enough.  Capturing moving, fidgety babies is almost impossible!  Here are a couple decent shots of them.  Sophie is so good at looking straight at the camera with her huge, round eyes.  Maddie has the biggest smile that I was trying to capture.  (She was starting to get tired of being on her tummy.) Sigh...I love my girls.
Maddie
Sophie

3 comments:

  1. Awww I'm so happy for you that they're sleeping through the night! I hope I get to meet them soon. They are SO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was SO excited for my son, Zak, to sleep through the night. Couldn't imagine having two babies at one time, so that's definitely amazing for you as far as sleep goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so beautiful! and congrats on sttn! em didn't do that until close to 12 months!

    ReplyDelete