Friday, February 18, 2011

V-day: Japanese Food + Karaoke

The husband I decided to try something new this year. Since we like to belt out songs in the privacy of our house and car, the husband thought that we should try karaoking (just the two of us.) I thought it was a genius idea considering I would never, EVER sing in front of anybody else. (I'm very self-conscious of my voice. I'm not tone deaf, but I'm not good either. I won't even sing "Happy Birthday"!)

So we had dinner at a quaint Japanese restaurant called Manooben. This place has a country feel to it, complete with floral fabrics and cheesy Valentine's Day heart decorations. What I love about Korean-owned restaurants is all the free food they give! I was too excited about the food to take pictures of everything though. :) We had Korean Scallion Pancakes (Pa Jun), miso soup, and a small Japanese salad...all complimentary! And even after our meal, we were given a mini Korean dessert, patbingsoo! Ahh...It was all so good!


After we were happily stuffed, we headed over to the Korean karaoke place. Umm...can I just say, karaoke is definitely NOT our thing! None of the songs sounded even remotely like the original. We had a hard time distinguishing the tune. I don't know how people do it! We tried to make the best of it though!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! SOOOO cute! what a great valentine's you guys! I'm the same way...I could never muster up the strength to sing in front of people...i can't even sing in front of Nick =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Karaoke is tough, but I think it depends on the place, honestly. I've karaoked at the place with the private rooms and it's kind of weird. But 2 weeks ago I karaoked at this dive bar in Logan Square and it is a totally different dynamic! Glad you had a great V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys trekked it out to the burbs for vday?

    I told you ray and I did this years and years ago...i think maybe when we were dating. I had a blast! He usually doesn't sing in public either. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. U guys are SO cute!! :) I'm always too shy to sing in front of ppl even though I was in the choir in HS. Haha. And I like manooben but they r always closed when I want to go on Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are so cute. the pics make it look like a super fun date! love the patbingsoo at the end of dinner at manooben...it's such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww looks like you had a super fun vday!! you guys are soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww adorable!! Can't deny you guys had a great time & are very brave for doing karaoke (only place I sing, is in my car, alone! never had the guts to do karaoke)

    ReplyDelete