Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Eating our way around LA (Part IV)

After walking around Hollywood Blvd, we cooled off with a bowl of naeng myun at Chil Bo Myun Ok. It was my favorite naeng myun ever! The noodles were different. The broth was well-seasoned. I added a squirt of mustard, and it was DELICIOUS! (It probably didn't even need the mustard either.) Mmm...I loooved all the pear in there. That's usually my favorite part of the dish. I always take Kyu's. Hehe. This time, there was a piece of pear in every bite. I was in food heaven.
Afterwards, we went to Crumbs Bake Shop to satiate our sweet tooth. I really liked how their cupcakes were so huge, and they were very nicely decorated. But, I think I still like Swirlz better. Actually, my all-time favorite Red Velvet cupcake was at Flo+Gerry's wedding. They taste-tested a bunch of cupcake shops and found their favorite at Sweet Honeybee Bakery. I haven't had a chance to stop yet, but I really must go soon. (Happy Birthday to me! Yay, I'm 25 (again).)
Of course, I had to check out Beverly Hills and the famous Rodeo Drive. I was kind of unimpressed by how small it felt. Michigan Ave is 100x more impressive with all the skyscrapers. Eh... We did see a very impressive dog riding a motorcycle. The man obviously liked the attention b/c he kept riding around the block. Interesting...We went to ChoSun Galbee for some Korean BBQ. Mmm...what can I say? LA does have some good Korean food. The kalbi was extremely tender. Practically melted in my mouth.

Thanks for taking us around, Lisa & Judy!

6 comments:

  1. everything looks delicious! especially those mouthwatering cupcakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you check out robertson blvd? the shops are much funner than rodeo dr. & it's where the ivy is, where all the stars lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of robertson blvd! aww...man! i should've done more research before I went to LA. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice picts. and cUtE yellow top! :) i love yellow and green, ehehe. hey, i forgot to tell you that i got a haircut - it's pretty short. the shortest i've had in a while. anyhoo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom and I ate there last December. I couldn't believe how expensive it was, but yes it did melt. We also really liked SootBullJeep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good times! it was fun hanging out.

    ReplyDelete